Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Sustainable Styling Masterclass
What: Sustainable Styling Masterclass
When: Thursday 24th May 2018, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
This masterclass will give you the inspiration & skills to style exceptional displays confidently.
Use these styling skills in events, retail, food, interior industries or at home!
Through hands-on activities you will have a chance to practice styling, create a clear vision on how to build style guides, concepts and where how to source beautiful props for your projects. This is a chance to spend quality time with other entrepreneurs, stylist's and business owners focusing on improving our visual eye and our ability to come up with concepts. Gain practical advice from a passionate industry expert with broad experience in Interior Styling, Event Styling & Merchandising. Invest in your creativity and let your mind explode with new possibilities.
We have a huge beautiful prop shelf filled with handcrafted ceramics, textiles, treasures and oddities to use on the night as your heart desires. We encourage you to bring along your products, props and anything else you would like to practice with.
About your teacher:
Laura Issell is a Director, Space Designer, Event Manager & Stylist as well as a lecturer at the Event Management College and a passionate workshop teacher. Laura has created concepts, styled and produced events for BMW, Momentum Energy, Sustainable Living Festival, Haymes Paint, Australian Writers Guild, Racv, EcoBride Magazine, Conversant, Boutique Street Expo as well as many Weddings, Hens Parties & Corporate workshops.
After a successful career in Interior Design / Property Styling, Laura founded Put Your Heart Into It after becoming frustrated with the excessive waste produced at most events. Laura is passionate about finding new ways to plan sustainable events & is a leader in her field encouraging positive change in communities & helping create awareness around many sustainability & social issues through events. Laura specialises in sustainable foliage installations and beautiful grazing tables of local food creating still life artworks.
Put Your Heart Into It
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are an 8 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! We look forward to meeting you.
- You will be guided through a creative concept & design process that focuses on your environmental impact.
- Learn how to style unique & spectacular displays that tread gently on the earth & stand out in a crowd.
- How to come up with innovative ideas when designing displays/events that will be remembered.
- Learn how to inspire & provide simple solutions to make it as easy for your guests/clients/staff to engage in responsible environmental practices.
- Style different displays using a broad range of inspirational props to create visually appealing vignettes.
- Create your own lookbook/style guide for your upcoming event, project or business to take home and refer to when needed.
- Learn how to use design principles, colour, inspiration & props to improve your activities, displays, business or project.
- Learn how to create non-disposable props and decorations that can be reused, sold or hired.
- This workshop is a chance for you to meet other inspiring stylists, merchandisers, entrepreneurs & business owners.
- Learn the design elements industry tips to help you style and put together installations & displays.
- A grazing table feast of local organic food, wine and tea
- Products, props, flowers, textiles, linen you would like to style with
- Charged phone or camera to take photos with
- A pen to take notes with
- Any books, pictures from magazines for inspiration
What ever you fancy…
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.