Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Food Styling and Grazing Table Masterclass
What: Food Styling and Grazing Table Masterclass
When: Thursday 11th October, 6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
This workshop is perfect for anyone that works in the food industry, events or styling as well as for anyone that enjoys entertaining and wants to throw the most spectacular dinner party or event. This workshop is a once off and usually only ran for private colleges and organisations and will have limited spaces.
We customise this masterclass workshop to suit your business or personal needs so that you will walk away with practical skills you can use for a lifetime. This workshop gives you a chance to spend time with someone that works within the industry and started creating grazing tables way before they became a buzzword.
Laura Kate Issell is a sustainable Event Manager, Food Artist, Stylist and Creative Director and is known for styling elaborate and unique grazing tables creating themes from props and food to create an edible art installation that will wow your guests or customers every time. Over the years Laura has created hundreds of different themes and no one table or food project is the same in colour, shape or form. Recently creating a Messina ice cream mountain with dry ice and a cake of cheese tower.
Laura will run you through how to combine colour, texture and patterns using food, getting the balance of creativity and deliciousness just right.
Learn what produce will suit certain themes and how to make an abundance of food last throughout the night and stay looking fresh and spectacular and assist in creating a zero waste event. Learn all the insider secrets to creating an unforgettable feast.
Tips on where to collect the right kitchenware and props to create different themes will be shared on the night. Use food and props on the night to create your very own styled platter that you can then feast on over a glass of wine or herbal tea.
Throughout the workshop we share with you our creative ideas and knowledge, leaving you with many new ideas to try at home as well as tips to help you use photography and styling to improve your business including what makes a good flat lay. We also cover where to source local food and how to be ethical and create less waste when styling, running a business and hosting events.
Laura Issell is a leader in Sustainable Event Management, Creative Direction and Space design specialising in environmental, community and social change. The founding director of Put Your Heart Into It, and a passionate sustainable living advocate. After establishing PYHII over four years ago, Laura has come to specialise in curating thousands of sustainable events with thought-provoking installations and displays. Laura has also grown an inclusive community that encourages creativity, sharing and an authentic connection to the environment through specialised workshops and offers ethical catering as educational food art installations supporting community gardens and local growers. Creating essential change that addresses pertinent issues relating to climate change and waste in relation to food waste, event management and a holistic connection to our environment. Extending to society's value system, stemming from an authentic connection to local organic food.
About Put Your Heart Into It: We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant-filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer many services including sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, floristry, styling for advertising, spaces and businesses. We also cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right-hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are a 5-minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside!
Doors open at 6:30 pm sharp. If you happen to arrive earlier, explore one of the many great venues on our doorstep in the bustling hub of High Street. We look forward to meeting you.
- Learn how to create a grazing table feast from start to finish then eat it
- Learn about food design principles and how to create a theme using colour, texture and shape.
- Industry tips and tricks and inspiration to get creative with food for years to come
- A better understanding of how to style food for presentation, photography or an event.
- Customised advice and creative direction that will suit your individual food styling and business needs.
- An abundant extravagant grazing table of local food and wine.
- Two kitchenware / props items from your kitchen or cafe
- 3-4 edible food ingredient to include in you're styling.
- DSLR, iPad or smart phone to take photos
What ever you fancy...
Food lovers, food industry, hosts and stylists
When booking please email us your business name or what you are hoping to use your new skills for. This will help us to prepare the workshop
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.