Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Kokedama Making Workshop
What: Kokedama Workshop
When: Saturday 23rd February 2019, 1:30pm - 4:00pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Join us for one (1) workshop or join us for a full Saturday of workshop fun for $200 or book with a friend for $160!
11:00AM - Terrarium Making Workshop
1:00PM - Grazing Table feast
2:00PM - Kokedama Workshop
Kokedama, an intricately crafted Japanese Hanging Moss Ball, is a truly unique way of displaying your favourite plants and creating an indoor plant feature. Instead of a pot, a moss ball becomes the focal point.
There is nothing better than playing with soil and plants for stress relief and this workshop offers inspiration and guidance to create your own unique kokedama.
We take you through the essential materials, where to find them and how to choose the best quality plants. We will also show you techniques to ensure your kokedama is sturdy, healthy and lives a long life once it’s back in your home.
All eco friendly materials are supplied and you take home everything you create. We will also provide you with a spectacular grazing table of local food and wine to enjoy on the night.
Remember to bring a re-usable carry bag so you can safely take your creation home.
Laura Issell is a leader in Sustainable Event Management, Creative Direction and Space design specialising in environmental, community and social change. The founding director at Put Your Heart Into It, and a passionate sustainable living advocate. After establishing PYHII over four years ago, Laura has come to specialise in curating thousands of sustainable events with thought provoking installations and displays. Laura has also grown an inclusive community that encourages creativity, sharing and a authentic connection to the environment through specialised workshops and offers ethical catering as educational food art installations supporting community gardens and local growers. Creating essential change that addresses pertinent issues relating to climate change and waste in relation to food waste, event management and a holistic connection to our environment. Extending to society's value system, stemming from an authentic connection to local organic food.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are a 5 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside!
Doors open at 6:30pm sharp. If you happen to arrive earlier, explore one of the many great venues on our door step in the bustling hub of High Street. We look forward to meeting you.
Ring #1 + bell on the buzzer!
We look forward to meeting you.
- How to make an lush, intricately crafted Japanese hanging moss ball.
- Learn how to choose quality materials and plants and how to maintain a healthy kokedama.
- Learn how to use a variety of plant, colour and texture to create a variety of Kokedama designs.
- Take home your own birds nest fern kokedama.
- Wine and tea
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening.
- Remember to bring a re-usable carry bag so you can safely take your creation home.
- All materials provided
What ever you fancy
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.