Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Watercolour Workshop with a Grazing Feast & Wine
What: Watercolour Workshop
When: Thursday 4th October, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Watercolour is a fun and exciting medium! In this workshop we will explore a variety of watercolour techniques, their applications and create an artwork based on this. You will learn the basics of which paints and brushes are best to use, how to use water for various effects, how to create different washes and the role of paper.
You will create a contemporary artwork inspired by a landscape, foliage, abstract ideas or patterns in a relaxed and collaborative environment. There will be lots of easy watercolour techniques and tricks as well as more advanced techniques to explore and plenty of inspiration to draw from. A large range of watercolours, brushes and lovely textured watercolour paper will be available on the night to work with.
You will take away an artwork that you have created inspired by your own concept and inspiration, technical skills to use watercolour as a medium and an understanding of how to compose your own artworks.
** Purchase your own Take Home Watercolour Kit for only $60 and practise your new skills further. The kits include a set of 12 selected watercolour shades to suit botanicals.- three assorted sized brushes, beautifully textured watercolour sheets, a pencil, eraser and a summary of some tips and tricks for watercolour techniques.
Divya Bahukhandi. After working in the home fashion industry in Australia, India, USA and throughout Europe, our teacher Divya now works on projects that are close to her heart. A mum, illustrator and creator of sustainable and contemporary craft-based textile products that support traditional skills, she loves to share her passion for the creative process and good design.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x12 at our studio or at a location of your choice.
We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are an 8 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! We look forward to meeting you.
- Skills to use watercolour as a medium
- Come up with a concept and learn the best way to translate your inspiration into your own illustration.
- Tips on where to find quality materials for future art work.
- Take away an artwork that you have created based on your own concept and inspiration. Perhaps a greeting card or an artwork to be framed!
- Take home instruction and inspiration sheets
- A grazing table of delicious local organic food and wine
- Materials included
- Any props or inspiration, you might like to paint
Whatever you fancy
All experience levels welcome!
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.