Print Making Workshop
Print on cards, gift paper and fabric
What: Print Making Workshop
When: Thursday 23rd August, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Learn how to create your own beautiful lino print using traditional carving techniques. The evening will involve developing your image design (it can be as simple or as complex as you like!), carving it into a Lino block and then using it to create a print onto fabric and paper. Draw inspiration from the evenings masterfully styled grazing table, the many design publications and abundance of plants in our cozy studio, or bring your own drawings and ideas to translate into your print. You can even use a name or a word! There will be guidance throughout the whole process and lots of inspiring examples to help you create at your best.
Your print will be long lasting and will open up a whole world of decorating ideas - you can reprint from the master in multifarious colours and on a variety of textures.
Tea Towels or Mini Fabric Banners for you to print onto with your design are available to pre-order while booking or there will be a selection on the night for purchase.
Roz Slade is a Melbourne textile designer and maker interested in supporting society’s deep social connection to textiles, and nurturing an interest in the therapeutic act of hand-making. After graduating Textile Design and Development at RMIT, where she majored in weave
and printmaking, she stepped away from the ethical drift of fast fashion and
textile waste, to create a modest range of high-quality products featuring
sustainable methods and ethically sourced materials under the brand Be Kind Textiles.
Spending the following years exploring every craft within her reach in her own personal practice, she is sharing her results and lifelong love of art and textiles with
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Directions: Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are a 5 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! Doors open at 6:30pm sharp. If you happen to arrive earlier, explore one of the many great venues on our door step in the bustling hub of High Street. We look forward to seeing you.
- How to use traditional carving tools to create a lino print master for relief printing
- Tips on how to translate your idea or design onto lino block
- How to create a successful print with your lino master
- Calico fabric or paper printed with your design
- Your own carved lino print master - which can be used to make new prints forever!
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening, plus organic wine and tea
- All materials supplied
- Bring along any drawings or inspiration for your stamp design
Whatever you fancy
Everyone is welcome!
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.