Botanical Floristry Installation Workshop
Arbours, wreaths, backdrops, garlands & more
What: Botanical Floristry Installation Workshop
When: Thursday 6th September, 6:30 - 9:30pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
In this workshop, you will learn the practical and design elements of building a botanical installation. We will cover arbours, wreaths, backdrops, garlands and more. After the demonstration, the class will be split into two groups who will collectively work on a large installation piece with the teacher. All elements of planning, design, installation and maintenance will be covered in this fun, hands-on workshop.
Melissah Danger is a florist, designer and teacher with over 15 years experience in the commercial florist industry. She has a Bachelors in Landscape Design is passionate about sustainable practices.
“I want to make beautiful flowers imbue a sense of the personality of each occasion and people associated with each occasion. We need as much beauty in this world as possible and I believe this is one way to celebrate it, show case it and bring a sense of it to life.”
Melissah is the owner of Delicate Dangers - a sustainable florist specialist in the north of Melbourne offering floristry for weddings, celebrations, funerals and large decorative installation art.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant-filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are an 8 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! We look forward to meeting you.
- Identify which flowers, foliage and materials are best to use to create a beautiful hanging installation for different seasons and climates
- You will learn safety practices and tips how to best maintain your floral installation.
- How to design and conceptualise a floral installation. Our team will discuss how to construct arbours, garlands and backdrops that you can use for events, photo shoots etc.
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening.
- An opportunity to collaborate and build a large floral installation with a group of likeminded flower fanatics.
- Wine, tea + coffee
- All materials provided
- Any interesting branches or sticks to make a mini hanging installation. - Optional
What ever you fancy
Anyone interested in floristry!
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.