Wild Fermentation & Sauerkraut Workshop
Ferment your own Sauerkraut
What: Wild Fermentation & Sauerkraut Workshop
When: Thursday 10th May 2018, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Fermentation is amazing and is not just what hipsters are doing now. Humans have been intentionally fermenting foods for thousands of year. In this workshop you will learn all about fermentation through the focus of sauerkraut: how it works, why it works, why it is important to remember this ancient food practice, and how you can so easily do it yourself at home.
Monique Miller has been fermenting for more than 4 years. Beginning with sauerkraut (the great gateway ferment) she has since adopted a mentality of “ferment everything” and does so with gusto: from everything from salsa & pesto to nut cheese and tempeh, nothing is safe from her all fermenting hands. Backing up her skills with reading, Monique can answer most of your fermenting questions and passionately lead you through your first batch of sauerkraut. When she is not elbow-deep in ferments, Monique is a market gardener, edible weed eater and yogini with two other jobs.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are an 8 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! We look forward to meeting you.
- Principles and techniques to create and ferment sauerkraut
- All about wild fermentation in great depth
- Why fermented foods are important for humans. Tips and tricks for your home fermentation practice.
- A handout all about sauerkraut & fermentation and a jar of sauerkraut to ferment at home
- Wine and tea
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening.
- All materials provided
What ever you fancy
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.