ENQUIRING MINDS EVENT
ENQUIRING MINDS event #2
SAT 25TH NOVEMBER 2017: 7pm-11pm
BIGBANG studio 1/177 Beavers Road NORTHCOTE
Gather around a virtual fire and feast on the experience of curated visuals, conversation, engaging talks & bush food.
ENQUIRING MINDS is an evolving event series that embraces our collaborator's passions by providing a contemporary platform for story-telling.
We are experimenting with immersive sensory experiences as a porthole for these truths.
Expect ritual, performance, talks, installation and projections.
As well as native foods and honest, evocative conversation with artists, activists and cultural leaders.
All tickets include food on the night and drinks are available at bar prices.
The ENQUIRING MINDS vision is to empower a movement of people who are hungry to build a collaborative Australia celebrating Aboriginal culture.
We recognise the need for an inclusive and committed community. We invite you to participate in the conversation, inspiration and exchange of knowledge.
Together we want to acknowledge and celebrate the oldest living culture by contributing towards Australia regaining real pride.
The team recognise the lack of education available to Australians about our own cultural history and that Aboriginal culture is evolving and needs to be experienced to be understood. We also recognise a need to continually support Aboriginal owned and operated food projects, suppliers & businesses.
We have spent much time researching and have identified many we choose to support, rather than be a part of the existing problem.
Please wear light colours to the event to participate in the lighting projections.
Please provide relevant contact details for tickets.
"As a member of the longest continuous race of people on earth, I am interested in empowering all Australians by sharing knowledge about our place in the natural world" Carrol Karpanyl
Carroll Karpany - Rock legend, Performer, Change Agent, Cultural Communicator, and Business Expert. A Ngarrindjeri man, Carroll is on a mission to activate minds and build community. Ex-member of the seminal Aboriginal reggae/rock band Us Mob, Carroll went on to a long career in business and the arts. He has recently starred in recently released documentary Motorkite Dreaming (2016)
BIGBANG Studio is a photography, film & performance studio in Northcote. BIGBANG studio exploded from a group of people who share a passion for experimentation in space. Over the last decade, the founders he&eve* have defined a community of creatives leading in industries such as film, music, landscape architecture, design, craft, education, IT, web development, styling- even our favourite hairdresser moved in!
PUT YOUR HEART INTO IT ( PYHII ) is a collaborative team hosting insightful and innovative events to activate minds. Our mission is to create sustainable experiences that not only inspire but aim to promote a lifestyle with a lighter footprint. Where artistic minds and community involvement is cultivated as well as nurturing the hunger for learning to create a sound basis for community.
Carroll Karpany - Mudingoon Mooluwong Karpinjeri Change Agent, Host, Performer, Panel Speaker
Vivian Malo - Activist, Mother, Broadcaster, Artist
Erin Ender - Producer, Conceptual Artist, Set Designer. he & eve, BigBang studiohttp://bigbangstudio.com.au/
Laura Kate Issell - Producer, Event Manager, Food Artist. PUT YOUR HEART INTO IT
If you have any questions or would like to be involved, please email email@example.com
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.