Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Shibori Fabric Dyeing Workshop With Natural Dye
What: Shibori Fabric Dyeing Workshop
When: Saturday, July 7th, 11am - 3pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Learn about the surprising art of Japanese inspired shibori, a resist dyeing method of creating crisp and organic patterns on cloth. In this workshop, we will be using methods including, Itajime - folding and clamping, Arashi - pole wrapping and Ori-nui - hand stitched pleating. Experiment with different techniques on cotton fabric and choose your favourite to dye a linen tea-towel to take home.
On the day there will be extra tea-towels and tote bags to purchase for yourself or to give away as gifts.
Roz Slade is a Melbourne textile designer and maker interested in supporting society’s deep social connection to textiles and nurturing an interest in the therapeutic act of hand-making. After graduating Textile Design and Development at RMIT, where she majored in weave and printmaking, she stepped away from the ethical drift of fast fashion and textile waste, to create a modest range of high-quality products featuring sustainable methods and ethically sourced materials under the brand Be Kind Textiles.
Spending the following years exploring every craft within her reach in her own personal practice, she is sharing her results and a lifelong love of art and textiles with willing students.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are an 8 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! We look forward to meeting you.
- Shibori resist dyeing techniques
- How to dye fibre with natural dyestuffs, including mordanting & fabric care
- How to plan intentional designs with fabric dye
- Information sheet with techniques used during the workshop
- 3 x pieces of cotton fabric samples that you have hand dyed
- A linen tea towel dyed with your own dyed design
- A grazing table of local produce for afternoon tea including wine, tea and coffee.
- Just yourself
Clothes you don't mind getting a little dirty
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.