Ceramic Workshop - Making from Multiples
Learn to make your own unique ceramic vessel
What: Ceramic Workshop - Making from Multiples (2 part workshop)
When: Tuesday 21st August, 6:30 - 9:30pm & Tuesday 28th August, 6:30 - 8:30pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Hand building with clay offers endless possibilities for creating a variety forms. In this two part workshop students will be shown how to create unique vessels by focusing on one main technique - making one large piece by joining multiple smaller shapes. This workshop will allow us to study the technique in depth, and end with finished pieces much more creative than your standard pinch pot! No experience necessary, just bring your imagination! Both one-on-one & group demonstrations given by the teacher, an artist currently working in this method.
Participants are invited to return for a 2 hour glazing workshop following the firing of their clay pieces. You will be taken through correct brush techniques for a professional finish and will be able to see your work transformed with beautiful gloss colour glaze.
Jennifer is an Artist specialising in sculptural porcelain, predominantly creating site specific installations and wall pieces. Suspended sculptures consist of multiple hand formed pieces of porcelain, with most encompassing several hundred to thousands of individual pieces. All work is made by hand in Jennifer's studio and investigates thinness of form, light, shadow and movement through tactile forms that are inspired by the natural world. Graduating with a First Class Honours in 3D Design in 2002, from Staffordshire University, UK, in the heart of the ceramic industry, Jennifer then gained a Masters Degree and moved to London managing design studios and working with a variety of clients, before establishing her own studio in London working on commissions for National and International clients.
In addition to running the studio, Jennifer expanded her design expertise training as an Art Lecturer, and has taught in a range of educational institutes from Universities to Colleges and private tuition. Relocating to her husband’s home town of Melbourne, Australia, Jennifer re-established the studio and creates work for clients both within Australia and Worldwide.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are a 5 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! Doors open at the start time. If you happen to arrive earlier, explore one of the many great venues on our door step in the bustling hub of High Street. We look forward to seeing you.
- Learn to roll and shape clay using molds and hand building techniques
- Learn to refine each element and add texture
- Learn to attach multiple forms using moulds
- A hand built vessel made by you!
- Organic Wine and herbal teas
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening
- An apron
What ever you fancy…
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.