Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Embroidered Denim Workshop
What: Embroidered Denim Workshop
When: Wednesday 29th August, 6.30 - 9.30pm
Where: 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
beDAZZLE your DENIM. No more boring old blue denim for you, my friend. Join us for the ultimate crafter-noon and learn how to upcyle an old faithful into embroidered denim heaven. We will supply all of the trimmings, tassells, funky fabric swatches, patches, pom poms and paint you need, plus we’ll school you in foundation embroidery stitches so you can literally wear your (hand-embroidered) heart on your sleeve.
Upcycling is an incredibly easy way to lessen your impact on the planet - don’t throw out those old threads, make them 1000x better! Don’t do denim? No problem - bring along any old clothes and we’ll embellish them to perfection.
Georgia graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Art from RMIT in 2015.
Since working and travelling abroad and around Australia she has returned to Melbourne to focus on what she truly loves - making. Georgia is establishing a creative career with a focus on community and the opportunity to share with others what makes her so happy was one not to be missed.
Her personal style is an exploration of texture - art that asks to be (and can be!) touched.
Embellished embroidered pieces utilising indiscriminate colour create work full of detail to be discovered at each look.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant-filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Put Your Heart Into It lives at 1/10 Langwells Parade, Northcote - just off High Street. The best way to reach us is on the 86 tram, heading towards Bundoora.
Alight at stop 34 (Bent St/High St) and continue along High Street in the same direction before turning right onto Langwells Parade.
Number 10 is located a few buildings down on your right hand side, and our studio at number 1 is on your left once inside the front door. We are a 5 minute walk from Northcote Train Station, and if you are driving, there is ample parking available in the Northcote Plaza car park. We also have a bike rack inside! Doors open at 6:30pm sharp. If you happen to arrive earlier, explore one of the many great venues on our door step in the bustling hub of High Street. We look forward to seeing you
- Foundation embroidery stitches
- A variety of other embellishment techniques
- - How to best prepare equipment, materials and fabric and your concepts for optimal design results
- - Your own embroidered and embellished piece of denim clothing to wear and flaunt on the town
- A booklet detailing everything covered in the workshop, plus plenty of ideas for inspiration and information on how to transfer your new skills into other projects
- - A masterfully styled grazing table of local and organic fruits, veg, dips, bread, wine and tea.
- Bring your denim - jacket, pants, whatever! Or a different item of clothing if you prefer. We can even do bags or purses!
Whatever you fancy
Everyone is welcome
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.