Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Wedding Planning Workshop at Splice Boys Studio
What: Wedding Planning Workshop
When: Saturday 11 August, 12pm - 4pm
Where: Splice Boys space at Tamale Studios, 47B Gadd St, Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Sharing is caring; fact. We have SO much knowledge we want to share with you to help make the wedding you’re planning go down as smooth as fondant. So please, come and take advantage, milk us dry of over 10 years of industry experience! This workshop is aimed at supplying you with the creative knowledge and skills that can be used within the wedding industry or for personal use (Best Bridesmaid In The History Of The World anyone?)
We will show you all the tricks of the trade to stand out in the competitive world of Wedding Planning + Management, and teach you practical skills to create a stress free event from start to finish that everyone will enjoy.
You will learn the do's, don’ts to avoid anything going wrong at your event. This Includes organisation + time management, sourcing, contacting + managing the best suppliers, dealing with deliveries, and execution on the day.
You will learn how to take your ideas from mood board to completion with expertise and ease. Learn how to transform a space and create atmosphere through use of colour, texture, food, and props such as sustainable botanical installations, ceremony arches, backdrops and photo booths.
This workshop will be held in conjunction with Splice Boys; a creative team specialising in visual engineering and professional camera array. We will join them at their space in Tamale Studios to discover the magic of multifaceted photo booth technology and its potential applications in place of a traditional wedding photographer.
This workshop will have a strong underlying thread of teaching you how to style and plan whilst considering your impact on the environment. We will cover eco friendly ways to style your event through the use of up-cycling, and share known industry secrets on where to hire or borrow items. Put Your Heart Into It has run hundreds of events with an ethos of minimising waste and strictly considering the impact of all choices. By doing this too you will ensure your Big Day does not impact negatively on the environment in any way.
We’ll help you bring style and fun to all of your events, and teach you transferable skills to impress your guests for years to come.
Laura Issell is a leader in Sustainable Event Management, Creative Direction and Space design specialising in environmental, community and social change. The founding director at Put Your Heart Into It, and a passionate sustainable living advocate. After establishing PYHII over four years ago, Laura has come to specialise in curating thousands of sustainable events with thought provoking installations and displays. Laura has also grown an inclusive community that encourages creativity, sharing and a authentic connection to the environment through specialised workshops and offers ethical catering as educational food art installations supporting community gardens and local growers. Creating essential change that addresses pertinent issues relating to climate change and waste in relation to food waste, event management and a holistic connection to our environment. Extending to society's value system, stemming from an authentic connection to local organic food.
Get to know Laura here
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
- How to master the design + styling process for the big day with professional WOW factor
- How to plan a sustainable and ethical wedding
- Learn how to plan for and have a stress free day
- Invaluable insight into wedding planning
- A curated list of the most current and exciting industry suppliers
- A masterfully styled grazing table of local + organic produce, cheeses, dips, and breads to snack on throughout the evening, plus wine, herbal tea + coffee
- Everything is provided
Whatever you like!
Everyone is welcome!
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.