Terrarium, Kokedama + Plant Advice Workshop
Indoor plant workshop day retreat - heaven.
WORKSHOP DAY RETREAT
Rainforest Terrarium, Kokedama + Indoor Plant Advice Workshop
When: Sunday 24th November - 11am - 4pm
Where: The Ascot Lot - 466 Mount Alexander Road Ascot Vale, VIC, 3032, Australia
Includes: All materials, plants and tools provided
Take home: Large rainforest terrarium, x2 kokedama hanging plant one for you and one for a gift.
Join us for a full Saturday of indoor plant inspiration, knowledge and fun!
Three workshops in one!! Knowledge is power friends!
Bring your favourite friend or lover and you both go home with your arms full of new indoor plant goodness. In this one of a kind botanical workshop, you will create your very own large glorious rainforest terrarium and x2 lush green hanging kokedama plant to take home one for you and one to give as a gift with the guidance of an experienced teacher.
If that wasn't enough you also get loads of information about caring for and starting your own indoor rainforest! Melbourne's most sought after workshop topics with limited spaces and our last one for the year...
Rainforest Terrarium Making Workshop:
A terrarium is a beautiful way to keep plants indoors and decorate your space without too much maintenance. A closed rainforest terrarium is a miniature ecosystem consisting of plants, stones, moss, other materials. You will learn how to build a healthy ecosystem and maintain it for years to come. You will leave with your own large glorious green rainforest terrarium and a head full of ideas on how you can make more! We have been teaching terrarium making workshops for over seven years. You are welcome to bring your own treasures along to add.
Kokedama Making Workshop:
Kokedama, an intricately crafted Japanese Hanging Moss Ball, is a truly unique way of displaying your favourite plants and creating an indoor plant feature. Instead of a pot, a moss ball becomes the focal point and can be the beginning on a hanging installation in your home or workspace. In this workshop you get to make x2 kokedama's so you have a chance to perfect the craft. Plant lovers know playing with soil and plants for stress relief works. We take you through the essential materials, where to find them and how to choose the best quality plants. We will also show you techniques to ensure your kokedama is sturdy, healthy and lives a long life once it’s back in your home.
Indoor Plant Advice:
After many years of setting up green spaces and offering advice on indoor and outdoor space design, interior design and plant advice with horticulture and gardening experience. Laura will share her advice on caring for indoor plants and how to choose the right ones for your space. Laura is an expert at transforming your space into a healthy lush green space that suits your lifestyle and will create a talking point in your home - space. A selection of exclusive wholesale plants will be available on the day as a once-off.
Laura Issell is a leader in Sustainable Event Management, Creative Direction and Space design specialising in environmental, community and social change. The founding director at Put Your Heart Into It, and a passionate sustainable living advocate. After establishing PYHII over six years ago, Laura has come to specialise in curating thousands of sustainable events with thought-provoking installations and displays. Laura has also grown an inclusive community that encourages creativity, sharing and an authentic connection to the environment through specialised workshops and offers ethical catering as educational food art installations supporting community gardens and local growers. Creating essential change that addresses pertinent issues relating to climate change and waste in relation to food waste, event management and a holistic connection to our environment. Extending to society's value system, stemming from an authentic connection to local organic food.
Delicious food is at food truck prices. $10 Espresso Martinis and specials like the bottomless drinks and doggos event happening - so something cheap for everyone :)
We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in the community. We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop for team building, Christmas - work parties, hens etc with a min of x12 at a location of your choice or at one of our many venues.
- How to make and maintain a lush long-living Terrarium + a hanging plant moss ball (aka Kokedama).
- How to choose the right plants and quality materials for a healthy Terrarium eco-system + Kokedama.
- Loads of plant knowledge, inspiration and what varities are perfect for your space.
- Take home a large Rainforest Terrarium In a beautiful large vessel.
- Take home a large Kokedama moss hanging plant ball.
- Indoor Plant advice, selection, tips for care and design.
- If you have mini figurines or keepsakes that you would like to add to your Terrarium please bring them along.
- Bring re-usable carry bags or box so you can safely take your creations home.
Whatever you want... We're working with nature, so best to avoid white and any of your favourite light coloured outfits.
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.